About Me

My photo
Harlem, New York, United States
At a very young age I knew I wanted to do anything that involved getting my "opinion" on life out there. I would tell true stories and made up stories. I would sing and dance. I would conduct interviews and draw pictures. I just needed an outlet. My plans were to become a talk show host, until one day my mother pointed out that it would mean I'd have to do a lot of listening too. I realized talk show host wasn’t really going to work since what I really wanted was to talk and have people listen. In time I had to admit that I had much more to say than most people had time to listen to. So, I started to keep a journal. My journals helped me to formulate my thoughts and emotions but I still had no audience. Hopefully this blog will give me that audience. Blessed Be

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Old & Wise

I woke up this morning and as I was lying there listening to the radio doing some stretching the words "Let It Be" came to mind. It was an inner voice that was telling me to let things go and move forward. Not an easy task at the moment but as long as that voice is still there, I'm already on the right path.
Well, considering the magical life that I lead, what do you think happened next? Yep, about five minutes after my mind said, "Let It Be" Paul McCartney starts singing it.
It may be a Wise Crone who speaks to me instead of Mother Mary but the words are the same.
So appropriate. It was a good way to begin my day.


I got ready for my first day back at work after my vacation and I'm sitting on the train listening to my ipod. I just shuffled my 3ooo songs and decided to listen to whatever came on. A very significant song comes on. A song I hadn't heard in quite awhile. Old & Wise by the Alan Parsons Project.
Not just another very fitting song for what I'm dealing with but my High School graduation song. Ummm... come to think of it Let It Be was my other graduation song.


I guess in a way I am graduating again. I'm entering another phase of my life. I'm growing and moving on. It hurts to leave some people behind and to go into the unknown but I'm excited. Those that are supposed to remain in my life will find a way back to me and vice versa.
In the meantime, I have lots to be thankful for... Deity, Courage, love, wisdom, family, old friends and a good man... I am on my way.


Old & Wise
As far as my eyes can see
There are Shadows approaching me
And to those I left behind
I wanted you to Know
You've always shared my deepest thoughts
You follow where I go


And oh when I'm old and wise
Bitter words mean little to me
Autumn Winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time
When they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine
And the sadness would be Lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise


As far as my Eyes can see
There are shadows surrounding me
And to those I leave behind
I want you all to know
You've always Shared my darkest hours
I'll miss you when I go


And oh, when I'm old and wise
Heavy words that tossed and blew me
Like Autumn winds that will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that You were a friend of mine
As the final curtain falls before my eyes
Oh when I'm Old and wise


As far as my eyes can see

No comments:

Post a Comment